Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Finally!!!

After much gnashing of teeth, I've managed to make it past the heel on my Harvest Sock Swap Sock. I'm sorry there isn't a progress picture. I know I always feel a little disappointment when there isn't a picture of something in a blog entry. So, I'm sorry to disappoint but this news needed to be shared with our without a photo. I tried another pattern -- a mock cable with lace mixed in. I will not trouble you with the disturbing tale of what happened when I got to the heel. Suffice it to say, it just didn't work out. So, I gave up on that pattern -- I wasn't loving it anyway -- and went back to the Yukon Leaves pattern I'd originally chosen. I'm well past the heel now and am praying I haven't forgotten how to make toes. Anything is possible -- this last week has been . . . humbling. I hope its all behide me now.

3 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this time around your sock-knitting experience will be a good one!
--Your Sock-Ret Pal

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, I have one pattern repeat done on the Yukon Leaves socks I started-when-- September?
(Your Hot Swap Sock Pal)

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Well...since I AM the QUEEN of "ripped" socks I can definitely feel your pain! O.N.E. of these days I am going to make a pair of socks that are perfect.....one day!! LOL!! I'm sure it will turn out just fine. I've seen your pics posted.....you are quite good and this is just a little stumbling block!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary