Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Finished Summer Sock Party Socks


I finally finished sock #2 of my Summer Sock Party Socks. Tonia provided detailed instructions which helped ensure a perfect match. She also provided a lesson on short-row heels. I'm getting better at this type of heel but I still don't like them. I know I've said it before but I have to say it again. I don't like short-row heels. I just don't like knitting them. It feels unnatural. Although I do like the way they look. Who knows, they could become my favorite. In high school there was this girl I really didn't like - you might say I hated her. She became one of my nearest and dearest friends. She knows me better than I know myself -- knows when I'm upset about something without me having to tell her, comforts me when I need comforting, talks about things when I'm ready to talk about them, never pushes too hard --- a true kindred spirit. So, I've learned to give things a chance because you never know what treasure you might find or where you'll find it.

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks look great!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Love the socks!! I haven't tried the short row heel.....may need to give it a try!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Miss Tonia said...

The socks look great! Sorry about the short row heel. It was the only heel that I knew how to do at the time.

Talk to you later!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary