Friday, November 03, 2006

It's a cruel world . . .

I was so close to finishing the Central Park Hoodie -- so, so close. I was attaching the sleeves. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, sleeves as in two of them. It was nothing short of miraculous that I actually knit two complete sleeves. So, I had attached one of the sleeves to the hoodie. I looked at my creation with a feeling of pride. I was doing the victory dance. Logan tried it on -- I became humbled. The sleeve was too small which meant the other sleeve was also too small which meant I'd have to knit more sleeves. I'm sure you can imagine my angst. So, I sat in the living room wondering how I could make Logan's arms smaller. I was willing to explore any avenue that didn't involve knitting more sleeves. Logan asked me if the sweater would stretch -- she's helpful like that, a real team player. I assured her it would but I knew that even stretching would not fix this tragedy. Realty and common sense returned and I accepted that I must knit more sleeves. This is going to be even more painful the second time around. Let this be a lesson to everyone -- never do the dance too soon. You'll be smote. I'm off to knit more sleeves -- I'm stubborn like that.

4 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

How about a couple of really great cuff bracelets????? Just trying to help you out here!! LOL!! I am SOOOO sorry about the sleeves....I can just imagine how sick you are about it!!!!

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too feel your pain, I knitted my Samus sweater three THREE TIMES before I got it right.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger lauriec said...

Ouch! I'm sending you sleeve vibes as I type!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Tonni said...

Just make another body to fit the too small sleeves - then you will have another hoodie for someone smaller!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary