Thursday, October 12, 2006

Grey Basic Cable Socks


I finished these socks last week. I enjoyed this pattern and think it turned out pretty good. It's an easy pattern and a good beginning cable project. These socks were also my project for the Grey's Anatomy KAL. They are appropriately grey. Now I can focus on the Socktoberfest socks and my Central Park Hoodie. Although these socks qualify for Socktoberfest and Sock-A-Month 2, they aren't the ones I was specifically knitting for Socktoberfest. The Socktoberfest socks remind me of candy corn and candy apples. I could imagine myself as the Wicked Witch of the West while wearing these socks. Glenda the good witch would never wear them. They don't match her dress.

I'm almost finished with the second sleeve of the Central Park Hoodie. This is a real moment for me--the knitting of two whole sleeves. I hope to have it finished up by the end of next week. I've already cast on for my second hoodie. Have I lost my mind?


Here's a close up of the cable. I really loved knitting these.


Do you hate my kitchen floor as much as I do? No amount of scrubbing, makes it look beautiful. Oh well . . .

5 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks! Speaking of, I bought some wonderful sock yarn for you, just today...

Your Sock-ret Pal.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hear you about the kitchen floor. Mine is the same type and it never looks clean. Darn rental property

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Cable socks look GREAT!!! I really like anything with a cable stitch on it! Looks soooo complicated!

I am STILL trying to finish my second Blue Suede sock but ripped the entire thing out AGAIN last night!!! I am beginning to think there is just SOME reason I am not supposed to knit socks!!!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Tonni said...

These socks are great! Are they some of the new knitpicks sock yarn?

I hate my kitchen floor as much as you do yours... maybe one of the days i'll get hardwood :)

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Teri.p said...

Very nice socks; I really like the way the tweedy yarn knit up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary