Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Socktoberfest Questionnaire

I have been distracted by Socktoberfest to such a degree that I've abandoned my grey cable socks. Unfortunate, because all that's left to complete the pair are the decreases on the toe of sock #2. But, the yarn for the Socktoberfest socks was so delicious -- irresistible really. The yarn cried out, more like demanded, to be knitted into the perfect pair of socks. Following the suggestions of my fellow knit bloggers, I'm using the Faerie Stripes yarn for my Socktoberfest socks. It is so much more beautiful in sock form. It reminds me of candy corn and candy apples. I'm past the heel on the first sock. It's just a basic pattern with a short-row heel. I think I've finally got this short-row heel thing mastered. But, I'm still not sure if I like it better than the heel flap.

On to the questionnaire . . .

1. When did you start making socks? Last December.

2. Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class? I taught myself -- many late nights of determined knitting. I refused to give up.

3. What was your first pair? Teen Socks from my faithful 66 cent how-to pamphlet. I used a self-stripping yarn and size three needles, because you can't find anything smaller in anywhere close to where I live. I now knit most of my socks with a size 1 circular needle but I wanted the first pair to be knit the old fashioned way.

4. What would you have done differently? I wish I had smaller needles but it was a real learning experience in gauge.

5. What yarns have you particularly enjoyed? Gosh, what a hard question. I love the expensive stuff especially Sunshine Yarns.

6. Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method? Magic Loop

7. Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?) The jury is still out on this one.

8. How many pairs have you made? 18 or more


I AM SPOILED ROTTEN

My Hot Socks Swap Pal is spoiling me absolutely rotten. I received the most beautful sock yarn today. Anytime there's yarn in the mailbox, you know you've had a great day. The yarn is from Yarn Pirate. It's so yummy. I can't wait to show you guys a picture. I also recieved a gift certificate for Adagio Teas. I love tea. I'm trying the Christmas tea blend. So, thank you Hot Socks Swap Pal, you really made my day.

I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, Hot Socks Swap Pal here. I sent the Adagio certificate, but I haven't sent any YARN yet. I am still deciding about that... :)

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

18 PAIR OF SOCKS??!!?? I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!! LOL!!!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Doogle Knits said...

Of course you are. It's me who's lost my mind.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hot socks pal, you should get her some yarn pirate since she seems to like it so much! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary