Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sock-ret Pal Questionnaire

Hello Sock-ret Pal. I want to thank you in advance for knitting something wonderful for me. I know it will be wonderful. I have no doubts and whatever you choose to knit for me will be appreciated and worn and loved. I did my best to answer the questionnaire and hope you find it helpful. I can't wait to get to know you better.

The basics:
How long have you been knitting? So long I can’t begin to count the years.
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? I like to think I’m an intermediate to advanced sock knitter. I don’t have to refer to the pattern to do heels and toes.

The measurements:

I wear a US8 shoe. My foot is approximately 8” in circumference and 9” long.


(fiber related) Favorites:
What colors do you love? I love rich colors, burgundy, green, blue, purple, red, brown.
Do you prefer solids or variegated? Hmmm, I like solids for lace and variegated for everything else.
What fibers do you most love to knit with? wool
Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors? Dani and Sunshine Yarns, Knitpicks, Socks That Rock
What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting? I’ve recently discovered lace knitting. Love it!

(fiber related) Dislikes:
What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear? I am an equal opportunity type. I love natural fibers but I will knit with whatever is available. If I had to choose between knitting with acrylic or not knitting at all, I’d knit with acrylic. I will admit to doing my best not too, though.
What colors would you never wear? Don’t like orange or puke green.

The Tools:
Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood? I use them all.
Circs or Straights? Circs
DPNs or Magic Loop? Magic Loop
Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like? Hmmm, I’ll have to get back to you.

The Extras:
Do you have a wish list? Yes, but I’m not sure how to get you the link.
Do you like sweet, sour or salty? (or all of the above? *S*) I like sweettarts. So, I guess, its sweet.
Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? Nope
Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand? Nothing stands out either way.
Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)? lighthouses
When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!) 2/14, I’m a love child.
Do you spin? Dye your own yarn? I’m trying to spin and dye but I’m new to both.
Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better... I’m a beach girl. I love the Scarpetta books by Patricia Cornwell.

1 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info! I am definitely taking notes. Looking forward to spoiling you in the Sock-ret Pal exchange.

--Your Sock-ret Pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary