Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has a wonderful new year!

Here's the knitting stats for 2006:

1 Lotus Blossom Shell
1 Montana Ski Hat
22 Pairs of Socks
3 Felted Bags
4 Washcloths
1 scarf
1 Sock Monkey

In addition to the above, I've completed slightly over 1/2 of the Mystery Stole and I've got two sleeves left to knit before I will have two completed Central Park Hoodies. I'm not sure if that's a lot of knitting or not.

And, here's some photos of 2006's last handknit socks. They are mother/daughter socks knit with Socks That Rock Medium Weight in Scottish Highlands. This yarn is sooooooo yummy. I tried to find a more Scottish sock pattern but the one I found was overpowered by the colors in the yarn. They were simply not a good match. So, I switched to my normal vanilla pattern but check out the short-row heel. My affection for the short-row heel continues to grow. I like it more and more with every sock I knit.



Another pair for my favorite small person. They are too cute on her little feet.

2 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

22 PAIRS OF SOCKS????? Good Lord Woman!!!! (Not to mention all the other knitting)! You Go Girl!!!!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I got 2 skeins of Scottish Highlands for Christmas that I need to try to make some cute socks with. I have WAY too much sock yarn! :)
Love the socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary