Saturday, July 22, 2006

Sock Progress















I'm making steady progress on my Hurricane Sock Party Socks. I switched to a superwash yarn to match my pal's preferences and I hope to be knitting the heel flap later today. I like the way this new yarn is knitting up. The blues are pretty and the pattern is showing up nicely.

My fabulous Hawaiian Crocs, originally meant for my pal, will find a happy home on my own feet. Yes, I know there aren't any crocodiles in Hawaii. I just thought it was an appropriate name considering the pattern is Mock Crocs and the yarn is Hawaii.

I've also been busy knitting my Summer Sock Party socks. I'm more than than half way through the heel flap and will be turning the heel later today. I designed this pattern myself by selecting a stitch pattern I liked and creating a sock around it. This is my first attempt at designing anything. I'm sure, with practice, I will get better. I hope my pal likes them and can understand the pattern I wrote.



In other knitting news, I'm close to finishing the back of the Lotus Blossom Tank and hope to begin knitting the shoulders sometime next week. I'll also be working on clue three of the Mystery Stole. As always, so many knitting projects, so little time. I have been a knitting fool lately. It's all I want to do but life keeps getting in the way. Oh yeah, I've got to start knitting the bag for my Knit Sock Kit Swap Pal. Where will I find the time?

2 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Love the sock pattern!! And don't you just hate it when life gets in the way??? I think we should cut down to a 4 day work week so we can have at least one day of uninterrupted knitting time!! All those in favor??

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Hi Laura, the sock looks beautiful! You sock pal is lucky ;)

Cary (another Sock Party-er!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary