Saturday, July 01, 2006

Sleeveless Sweater Update

Here's a photo of my progress on the Lotus Blossom Tank by Sharon Shoji and published in the Summer '06 issue of Interweave Knits. I'm knitting the smallest size on size 4, 32" circular needles. I did not use the size 5 and 6 needles recommended because the lace design looked sloppy when I used the larger needles. It just seems to get lost and there was no definition. I also did not use the larger needle size for the first nine rows of the lace pattern. And, I am not using the yarn recommended for the project. I believe they are using a DK weight yarn and the yarn I’m using is sports weight. It is not a high quality yarn as I didn't want to invest a lot of money until I was sure I had the patience and skills to complete a sweater. It’s been a long time, after all, since I’ve knit any large projects. This sweater not having sleeves is a definite plus when it comes to patience. I have completed the body and front and really love the lotus lace pattern. It is so beautiful. If I make this sweater again, I'll use a higher quality yarn. The sweater is for my youngest daughter in her favorite color – lime green.

Other projects include designing a pattern for my Knit Sock Kit Swap Pal, chosing a pattern and knitting a sock for my Hurrican Sock Party 2006 Pal and my Summer Sock Party 2006 Pal. I'm also knitting a bag for my KSKS Pal. So, I'm going to be a busy girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary