Friday, June 30, 2006

One Skein Secret Exchange

I love to participate in exchanges, swaps and knit-alongs because they help me connect with other knitters. I get to know someone or several someones and share knitting experiences. You also pick up some great tips and techniques. The knitters in my area, if there are any, remain well hidden and no one in my circle of family and friends is crafty in any way at all.

The One Skein Secret Pal Exchange has been a lot of fun. It's set up so I'm assigned a secret pal, the one I'll be sending great knitting stuff, and my secret pal is assigned another secret pal, someone they'll send awesome knitting stuff. And, someone is assigned to be my secret pal. So, I get to know at least two fellow knitters. The secret pal I was assigned to create packages for corresponds with me often and sends me links to websites of interest or articles written about knitting. It has been fun getting to know her and she said she liked the yarn I sent her. My secret pal, the one creating packages for me, just sent me this awesome package of fabulous knitting stuff. She sent me two skeins of 100% Merino superwash sock yarn, a package of stitch markers, and some little T-Shirt, double-pointed, knitting needle holders. The yarn was from LuLu's Yarns. She also sent some lotion from Burt's Bees, two French lollipops (so cool), a handmade soap and some moisturizing bath powders. Isn't she fabulous and generous? Thank you so much secret pal! You're awesome!

3 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Alabama Knitter! Go steal a button off my side bar (and put it on bloggers server, please). I solemnly swear that I am making a page for it to link to with all of our blogs listed on it!

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Alabama Knitter! Go steal a button off my side bar (and put it on bloggers server, please). I solemnly swear that I am making a page for it to link to with all of our blogs listed on it!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

What a great SP you have! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary