Saturday, July 08, 2006

Miscellaneous Knitting News

I've been trying to design my very first pattern for my Summer Sock Party Pal. I've chosen a lace stitch pattern and am now trying to decide how to incorporate that into a sock. Should I add some basic ribbing in between the lace panels? or not? Anyway, it's definitely a work in progress.

I emailed my Knit Sock Swap Pal almost three weeks ago and haven't heard from her yet regarding specifics on foot size or her mailing address. I think she was going on vacation but my email was sent before that so .... its just frustrating when you don't hear from people. I've selected a bag to knit and some cool knitted accessories to go with. What to do?

I've chosen the pattern and the yarn for my Hurricane Sock Party Pal. I hope she'll like it. It's beautiful yarn. I tell you, I am in love with this yarn. So much so, that I have enough to make myself a pair of socks. :-)

I've also started knitting my Mystery Stole. The first clue was posted on Friday. Sadly, I'm only on row five. I'd have made more substantial progress but I've had to frog it four times. Once, I realized I was kitting 2 togther when I should have been slip one, knit one, pass slipped stitch over; once, I just got lost and screwed up the stitch pattern; once, I ended up with 100 stitches instead of 99; and once, I just didn't like how it was looking. But, I'm off to a decent start now. I'll try to post a picture when I have more of the stole completed.

I wish I had more time for knitting this week but I've been helping my parents with a remodeling project at their house. A wall has been knocked down and new flooring installed. I wish we had taken before and after shots. The new flooring is really looking beautiful.

I'm also making steady but slow progress on the Lotus Blossom Tank. Maybe, I'll get that finished sometime soon. So much knitting to do, so little time. I'll try to post some pictures next time.

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you are a great knitter.

love,
you daughter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary