Friday, July 14, 2006

Clue One of Mystery Stole 2 Complete

Finally finished!! This project has been quite an adventure. After all the initial mistakes and starting over four times, I finished. Joy spread throughout the kingdom! And then I noticed a mistake near the bottom. I tried to reconcile myself to a life with this small error -- tried to console myself with the knowledge that this was my first true lace project so perfection wasn’t required. However, this mistake so disturbed the tranquility in my universe that it was necessary to rip it all out and start over. And, after seeing everyone else’s beautiful work, I couldn’t settle for less that perfect. So, here it is, completely perfect (at least to me). So, I’ve knit the first half of the first clue twice. I decided not to knit both halves of the stole at one time. I will finish the other half of the stole after I complete the final clue, which means it will take me at least twelve weeks to finish this project. I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to knit the next clues just once. Here’s the photo. I wish I were a better photographer.


1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Tonni said...

Beautimous! However, I wouldn't have worried about a mistake... there are a few in my stole. Blocking will hide a multitude of sins...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary