Thursday, April 19, 2007

Clapotis & April Socks

I started a bigger Clapotis but decided I needed something a little closer to instant gratification. I knit this with worsted weight yarn -- Noro Kureyon in color 134 -- on size 9 needles. It is a little more scarf size and knitted up fairly quickly. I did three repeats of the increase rows which gave me a total stitch count of 59. The other Clapotis I'm knitting will be more of a stole size. I plan to wear it in the office because they keep it so cold in there. I'm fortunate to only have to visit the office once per week for a staff meeting. The rest of the time I am out in the field. Here's a photo of it blocking. I'll post after photos in the next couple of days. I began this project one day last week. I can't remember which day and I finished it last night.



I also finished my April socks for Sock-A-Month 3. These have been finished since the 1st but I've been a less than enthusiastic blogger lately. It's the Conway pattern from Knitting on the Road. The yarn is from MAMA-E and Brooklyn Spun's Winter Sock Club. I thought this pattern was really pretty in this colorway. Sorry but I don't have the name handy -- winter sunrise or something like that.



As usual, I am the worst photographer ever. Maybe one day I will take better photos.

3 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Clapotis looks GREAT and can't wait to see it "modeled"!!! You are making me anxious to get mine going!!

Your socks look great too!!!!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

The Clapotis is awesome! I love the colors. I swear I'm going to make one one day.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Tonni said...

Yes, the clapotis looks wonderful! Congrats to you in getting back into the knitting and blogging grove :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary