Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Summer Sock Party Woes

You might remember that I was designing my first ever pattern for my Summer Sock Party Pal. It was not meant to be. Things were moving along so fabulously until Sunday night. I was closing in on the toe when I decided it looked totally wrong and couldn't possibly do. I frogged the whole thing. It just looked ---- WRONG. I'm not abandoning the whole design-my-own-sock-pattern thing but this particular pattern would be better suited to a solid color. So, I've put it aside for now and began knitting my pal another sock -- same yarn, different pattern. It's the Dublin Bay pattern and it looks fabulous. I hope to be finished by this weekend.

5 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

You poor thing! That sucks!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Tonni said...

Beautimous! I have been thinking about knitting that pattern. It looks really good with the striping yarn :)

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Lia said...

Don't ya just HATE it when that happens???

New pattern looks fabulous, though! What is that yarn? I really like the color.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Doogle Knits said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Doogle Knits said...

Thank you. It's Fortissima Socka - Cotton Color. This is the first time I've used this yarn and it is nice to work with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary