Sunday, July 19, 2009

Birthday Socks!



Today is my Mom's birthday and,to celebrate, I made her a pair of ankle socks because she loves ankle socks. She loves socks in general and will be super happy to receive a pair of hand-knit socks. One of the qualities, and there are many, that I love about my mom is her appreciation of hand-knit socks. And, she thinks I'm a knitting genius. She gets it! They were knit using Socks That Rock lightweight sock yarn in the pebble beach colorway. I hope she likes them.


These little socks are for Anne of Green Gables, one of my Mom's porcelain dolls. In my opinion, Anne of Green Gables is one of the best book series ever written. I love Anne and wish to be her bosom friend. Now, Anne and Mom can be all matchy, matchy.

2 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

What a GREAT gift...and you are lucky your Mom appreciates your talents!! Love the matching doll socks!!

How is the garden?

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Kathy R said...

Nice socks. The little ones are so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary