Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I have been smote!

I'm not sure why. Was I unkind to the checkout lady this morning? Have I been having too many hateful thoughts? Was I simply too proud of myself? Any one of these could be the reason that I have been humbled. My beautful sweater . . . DEAD. Lost to me before it even had a chance to outshine any of those store bought sweaters -- struck down by cruel fate.

You might remember my mention of "sweater number two." I planned to wear it with the collar folded down like this. I purchased 19 skeins of Elann Highland Chunky in the Forest Glade Heather colorway. The color was beautiful. Really, you'd have to see it to appreciate its loveliness. I was in love and so proud that I had finished it in time for my trip to Italy.

I planned to block it and sew it together tonight. I put it in the washing machine to soak. (like I have dozens of times before) I must admit that I became distracted by a work project and wasn't giving it the proper attention. Anyway, it FELTED!!! This is all that's left. Maybe, it will make a nice cat bed.



I bought a new digital camera but apparently that has not improved my photography skills. I apologize.

2 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

I will mourn the demise with you!!

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, I am so sorry. I am always afraid that will happen to socks, but this is way worse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary