Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sweater Number Two

I've started another sweater. It's in the Vogue Knitting Magazine Holiday 2006. I will wear it with the collar folded down like this. I purchased 19 skeins of Elann Highland Chunky in the Forest Glade Heather colorway. It is so beautiful. There is such a rich mixture of colors. Green, of course, but also blue and gold. I'm in love with it. I've finished the back, the left front and just cast on for one of the sleeves. I needed a break from the fronts because the front is knit with two needles (two different sizes) with one side double-stranded. It can be pretty challenging to knit this way because you never (or at least I can't) get into a smooth rhythm. I'm hoping to finish it in time for my trip to Italy. This time I was lead astray by Melanie. Of course, I went willingly. I've got several other projects finished and I'll try to take pictures later tonight to share tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Tonni said...

Several projects finished??? I'm just so unorganized this year... I can't finish anything - and keep starting new projects. Can't wait to see your pics of all your finshed projects!

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

I can't WAIT to see your sweaters!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary