Monday, January 26, 2009

A Dog's Life


Doesn't Coal look excited? He tried on the sweater I made for his friend, Sam. I wanted to make sure it would fit. It did! The look on Coal's face says it all. The sweater is from Patons, A Dog's Life booklet. It's the Classic Aran. I love the pattern. I made several adjustments. I knit it in the round instead of flat and made it shorter than the pattern stated. I also added a a few stitches here and there to accommodate a more pleasing fit. Please ignore the view under my sofa -- hideous. This is what happens when cats run wild destroying household furniture. It is during photo shoots for the blog that I discover or am reminded of the state of my furniture.


Here's a closeup of the back. I really love this pattern and cables in general.


This is what Coal thought of wearing a sweater. He seems to me more of a rustic type of fellow who prefers to just be a plain old dog. And, he has the looks to pull it off.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

I think Coal needs his own hand knit sweater.....he was probably ticked off because you knit for another dog!! LOL!!

VERY cute and lucky Sam!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary