Sunday, July 05, 2009

Graduation Day May '09

My baby graduated from high school. I want everyone to know that I did not cry. There were a few close calls but I was able to hold on and suck it up. I was strong but it was a bittersweet joy watching her receive her diploma. She's not a baby anymore and hasn't been for a long time. But, she's an almost adult now and will be setting off into the world to forge her own trail. I'll be at home knitting her some socks or more likely off on my next adventure knitting her socks. I'm thinking scuba diving. She had been at ASMS for three years which was like sending her off to college way too early. There were many times when she was so homesick she thought she'd die but she wouldn't come home. She said she wasn't giving up and she didn't. She survived and thrived. She's tough like her momma.



Here's both of my girls. Aren't they beautiful? This was a rare moment of sisterly affection. I'm glad I was able to get a picture.



Jordan and her bosom pal, Skyler. They remind me of Anne Shirley and Diana. Have any of you read Anne of Green Gables? If not, you should because it is one of the most wonderful book series I've ever read. I think Anne and I would have been the best of pals.

2 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Kathy R said...

Congratulations to both Jordan and you! I cannot believe she left three years ago. You did good! She did good!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Congrats to Jordan....(and to you)!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Quotation of the Day
Free website tools provided by The Free Dictionary